I always wanted to make ice cream at home, but I did not because I thought I will have to buy an ice cream maker. But I don't actually need an ice cream machine to make homemade ice cream. Nor do I have to go on the hunt for rock salt at the local grocery store. Yep! It's a real quick and easy process. So I did make it and it was delicious and mouth watering... A perfect treat for Summers!!!
- 2 cups of milk or half-and-half
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white/brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams chopped dark chocolate
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder (Recommend :Hershey)
- 15 crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (Recommend: Oreo)
- Combine sugars, milk, salt and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate until chocolate is melted.
- then mix and stir in it the cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour into ice trays and freeze for two hours or until frozen solid.
- Remove frozen cream from the ice trays and place in a food processor or a blender. Pulse until creamy. The ice cream consistency will be similar to "soft serve".
- Then again de-mould them from ice trays and blend again till foamy and soft.
- Finally transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe container and mix in it the crushes cookies and freeze for at least 1 hour.