Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chocolate Ladoos In Microwave, Easy and Quick



Navratri has already started and I dint even made any sweet dish. No no it is not that I am fasting it is just that how can there be any festival in Indian culture without any sweets. I wanted to make something which is fast and also has minimum ingredients. Most of the sweets that we make in the festive time are either deep fried or needs lot of preparation. Thus to avoid all that and planned to make something sweet in microwave.

By the way have you checked my microwaved churma and modaks?? Microwave is just a great invention and if used wisely it saves lot of time and energy. I use microwave in lot of my dishes, I just love the way any sabzi or rice gets cooked evenly in single pot. I made tomoto and onion sabzi which was quite a hit on my blog. Do check what all I have cooked in microwave here.

Ok! Let me come back to my sweet dish. I made some chocolate ladoos using milk powder and condensed milk. The ladoos get prepared in just 3 minutes (you heard me right-just 3 minutes). I gave the flavour of ilyachi/cardamom because I feel that no Indian sweet dish is complete without the desi tadka of ilyachi’s flavour.
















Ingredients:
1 cup milk powder
½ cup condensed milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp ghee or butter
1 tsp  ilaychi/cardamom powder

Method:
Take a microwave safe glass bowl and melt ghee in it for 20 seconds.
Once ghee is melted add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Let it cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Stir the mixture after every 1 minute.
Form ladoos once the mixture cools down and you are able to handle the heat in your hands.

Notes:
Do not let mixture cool down completetly otherwise you will not be able to form ladoos.
It is very important that you stir after every 1 minute.

Variations:
Try making simple mava ladoos by omitting cocoa powder.
Add very finely chopped nuts in the mixture to give crunchy effect.
Vanilla essence can also be added instead of cardamom powder.

Taste:
Sweet, chocolaty and soft



16 comments:

  1. Thanks Priya..Yup very cute and tasty too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Navarari Shwetha..ladoos looks yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Choclate Recipe shweta. Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes agree with you easy and tasty:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shweta!!! You know that I have a serious chocolate weakness and you're killing me with these!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karine. I too love chocolates and that is why I keep cooking with it:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was very quick and delicious variety of ladoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will try it surely. Super easy and delicious ladoos.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/05/baked-veggies.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing :) dear Please link my event and logo in your post on this noe entry..also follow the rules dear

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)