Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom's Special Baigan Bharta On Mother's Day, Step By Step And Video Tutorial







"God created someone who is wise & who only knows to love and make sacrifices.. One who encourages and one who never gives up.. In short, God created WOMEN… For me that special women is my Mother.

On the occasion of Mother's Day I planned to make my Mom’s special Baigan Ka Bharta. This dish reminds me of the days when I hated to eat baigan and she used to explain me that one must not be so fussy and eat all the vegetables. I know the efforts she made to make this dish so that I can enjoy and forget that it had baigan in it. And yes! I must say she was successful (like always) and I relished the subzi. I still do not know what was so special about the method-all I know is that she cooked with love.

All of us have one women who means a lot to us. For me, it was always my mother. She is my guide, friend and my support. I can’t thank her enough for all her sacrifices and endeavours she has done to make me what I am today.  

Today’s post is for her. Happy Mother's Day.




Watch the Video Tutorial


Ingredients’:

Baigan/Brinjal/Eggplant- 2 medium size
Pyaz/onion-1 chopped
Garlic/lehsuni- 5-6 cloves
Tamatar/tomatoes-2 chopped
Coriander/dhaniya seeds- 2 tbsp crushed
Green chillies/hari mirch-2 chopped
Red chilli powder/lal mirch- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder/haldi- 1tsp
Coriander/dhaniya powder- 2tsp
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds/jeera- 1tsp
Salt to taste
Oil- 5 tbsp

Method:-
Wash baigan thoroughly. Peel of the skin and chop in rings. Take a microwave safe bowl and add 3 tbsp of oil in it. Also mix garlic cloves in the bowl. Coat everything in the oil well.


  Put the baigan clove mixture in the microwave on high for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes cover with lid and cook for next 5 minutes.
 Heat remaining oil in the pan. When oil gets hot, add cumin seeds. Let them crackle.
 Once seeds gets brown, add chopped onions.








After onions mixes chopped green chilies.



 Mix in it crushes coriander seeds and stir well. Let the whole vegetable mixture cook for 5 minutes or till onions get pink in color.
 When onions are done, mix the microwaved bargain-garlic mixture.
 Next, throw 2 chopped tomatoes and mix well.
 Add in some salt to taste.
Throw red chilli powder.
Next goes in Coriander /dhaniya powder
 Haldi powder/turmeric.
 Add some garam masala
 Finally add 1/2 glass of water.
 Mix everything really well.
Cook it with lid on for 5-8 minutes or till oil separates and tomatoes are mashed up.








 Serve Hot with rice or paratha of your choice.






Notes:
I added 2 chopped chillies because the chillies were not very hot.
I microwaved  baigan, it can be roasted on the gas top or can be grilled in the oven as well.




Taste:
Spicy, hot with smoky flavour of baigan

Linking this for Mom's Special event

9 comments:

  1. the baingan barta looks so good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that long mirchi is spicy one or just like cucumber? here we have mirchis like cucumber no spice at all , love bhatha so much , nice way to doing it, i put whole eggplnt in microwave, going to try this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a quick and delicious sabji thats i awlays prepfer with roti.... yours is absolutely mind blowing and happy mother's day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mums recipe are always the best.incomparable.
    Bharta looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoyed u r video ,step by step clicks,should prepare this way looks so lush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome looking Bangan bharta.. :) Wow... Yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy looking bharta.. Todays post : http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/2013/05/ice-apples-and-mango-smoothie.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. very well explained...Baigan Bharta looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post1 I appreciate all the effort that went into this :)

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)