Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Moong Beans Sprouts Dosa and Disneyland Paris


Hi you all. I hope you all are doing fine. Well I am totally enjoying summers here and my weekend was super fun because I went to Disneyland Paris. I must say what a place it is. The park is loaded with cute little Disney things as well as big thrill rides. I just can’t get over the Disney sleeping beauty castle. Do scroll down for some Disneyland pictures :-)

Entrance to fantasy world
Me at Sleeping Beauty Castle
Childhood memories-The Mickey Mouse
Us with mouse-mini balloons 

Coming on today's post- it is a simple and very healthy dosa (pancake) made from green moong sprouts.  I do not make dosa often and it is not because I don’t like dosa, it is just that I like having it hot, right from pan to my mouth. Anyways, lately I found some spouted moong beans at a grocery store and I picked it up. I wasn't sure what to do with it as having it in form of a salad is a big no no for me. After some thoughts I decided to grind the beans sprouts with some green chillies, ginger and garlic and use it as a dosa batter.


I must mention this was the healthiest and quickest dosa ever (yummier too). We totally enjoyed the crisp pancakes with some spicy tomato chutney. Mr. Husband loved these dosas so much that he was ready to have it in breakfast, lunch and even dinner. A healthy choice is what he always wishes for. *Grin*.


Ingredients:
1 cup sprouted green moong
2 cloves garlic/lehsun
1 small peice of ginger/adrak
5 tablespoons semolina/rava/sooji
5 tablespoon gram flour/besan
3-4 green chillies/hari mirch
Salt to taste
1/8 cup oil/tel

Method:
In a mixer grind sprouts, ginger, garlic and green chillies coarsely. Use water only to reach at a dosa/pancake batter consistency.
Mix in salt, semolina and gram flour. 
Heat a pan/tava on high-meduim heat and spread one ladle-full of batter into a dosa.
Drizzle some oil and let it cook on one side. Flip over the other side and drizzle some oil again. Cook both the sides well.
Remove from tava and serve with chutney of your choice.


Notes: 
Use stuffing such as paneer, onions or potatoes for more filling dosas.
Do not grind to fine paste. The coarse texture is better and tastier.

Taste:
Crisp, spicy and healthy

22 comments:

  1. Nutritious and protein packed dosas,healthy definitely..

    Seems u had a wonderful day at Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shwetha,
    Looks like you had great fun in Disneyland, very nice clicks...

    very healthy and yummy dosa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. am sure you had a blast...anyone will become a kid back in disney...wonderful idea of dosa dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious moong beans sprouts dosa.Looks like you had a great time in Disney land.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disney is simply stunning and a beautiful place. Interesting to see how sprouts made their into dosa for an adorable flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really you enjoyed the day i think.nutritious dosa dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. protein packed dosa...Am sure u had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a healthier version of dosa, nice clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow dats really a healthy and yummy dish...lovely pics at disneyland !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That place is fun for ppl of any ages !! And the dosa looks very inviting.. Healthy & tasty !

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely clicks hope you enjoyed the trip :) dosa looks super healthy and delicious dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. healthy dosa and fun Disneyland. stop by some times to my space too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant idea.. a very healthy dosa recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just mouthwatering....looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy dosa there.

    I believe at Disneyland, the kids and adults equally enjoy the place. We took our daughter to Disneyland Paris two years back and returned with wonderful memories of our fun time there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice clicks.
    Dosa looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a healthy filling for dosa.looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shweta, the pictures of your trip to disneyland make me nostalgic. Oh how we used to be mad for the Disney chatactres! I now re-live these moments with my kids. Lovely pictures.
    Your Dosa recipe is great. With sprouts, garlic, rava and besan you've made it a healthy meal. Genius idea to have used sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always wanted to try making moong dal chilras ... but never gotten around to doing it. Now I have a even better version recipe I can follow :-) Sprout Dosa !

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds wonderful, a nice flavor combination. Thanks Shweta for visiting me and for your sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. seems like u had a great time ! btw great dosa too :)

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)