Deciding what to gift your husband on anniversary, birthday or any special occasion is a confusing task. I on the other hand always like to gift something that is personalized and romantic. 27th November was our 5th marriage anniversary and I wanted it to be special. It was on a weekday and the weather was going to be rainy, thus I planned a movie night at home.
The idea is simple yet very interesting and innovative. I decided to make a movie basket that can be fun and full on entertaining. Here is how to make our own DIY Movie Basket.
Things you will need:
Things you will need:
- Basket or a tub: - A container where you would like to arrange all the things. A tray, bucket or any plate will also do the trick. I got this popcorn tub.
- Movie DVD: - Think which movie you both can enjoy together. If you have Netflix or Amazon prime good enough. You can also download a movie, store in pen drive and then pack it the basket.
- Movie tickets: - That’s where you will need to be creative. Take any scrap paper and make your own movie ticket-it is kind of cute and personalized.
- Beer bottles: - Ofcourse you need something to drink, I chose our favourite beer. You can also opt for soda, coke cans, cider or even a bottle of wine or champagne. Add in some classy wine glasses for more fun.
- Popcorn: - No movie is a movie without popcorn. Make your own popcorn, which ever flavour you like. I made caramel and slated popcorn and put in the ziploc bag, you can buy popcorn bags also.
- Nachos/chips and dips: - We both love tortilla chips. Just add in your favorite bag of chips and you are good to go. By the way Indian papads are also work fine. Hot salsa or creamy mayonnaise in must have for chips.
- Candies or chocolates: - Something sweet will balance the whole basket ;). I chose mini mars chocolates bars. You can add candies, smarties, mints or any candies you like. Some cupcakes, cookies will also be great.
- Throw blanket: - A wintry night movie- trust me a throw blanket will be nice ;). If you don’t want to spend money use any shawl.
- Pyjamas: - I saw cute red pjs in the market and it was love at first sight. You can also add a cute pair of night suit, or sweatshirts or hoodies.
- Warm cosy socks: - Cosy feet while watching a movie is a dream, so just add in any socks or cosy slippers.
- Final touch: Just arrange everything thing in the tub and wrap it up with any paper or colorful ribbon :)
Other things that can be added:
- Cosy pillows
- Scented candles
- 3D glasses (for 3D movie ofcourse)
- Pack of nuts
- If you love to watch movies then Netflix or Amazon gist card is a good gift idea.
- It is ofcourse a special occasion, so you will need to cook something nice. Don’t slave yourself in the kitchen- order a pizza, or cook something quick like pasta or noodles or French fries- the ideas are endless.
- Be organised and write down all your ideas and things you will need. Decide the budget: Match the list with the budget and shop smartly. Buy things that can be used later.
- You can plan a movie night even for the whole family. Just add in some movie DVD that your kids and you can enjoy. Add more sweets and candies, some diet soda or lemonade.