Sunday, July 12, 2015

Chocolate Bark: Nuts and Seeds Chocolate Bark: Healthy Snack



Chocolate...

More and more chocolate...

Oh yes!

Chocolate doesn’t ask silly questions, it understands. I am a huge sucker of chocolates. Not the sweet milk chocolates that melt in your mouth but the dark ones whose bitter taste linger on your tongue. Can you have coffee that is overpowering sweet? You need to have that strong bitter taste of coffee, isn’t it? Same is what I feel about chocolate. Chocolate isn’t a chocolate if it is not bitter. But hey that’s my opinion.


You will always get huge blocks of good quality dark chocolate in my fridge. After meals or just when my heart wants, I grab a little piece of chocolate to uplift my mood :-). Todays post is like a quick makeover to plain chocolate. A healthy makeover. A nutty makeover. Chocolate Barks With Seeds and Nuts.

Who can resist dark velvety chocolate with crunch of nuts? Use your favorite nuts and chocolate to make these delicious barks. Spread the melted chocolate depending on how thick you want your bars to be. I like them thin, so I spread a thin layer. I used handful of pumpkin seeds, walnuts and sunflower seeds. But there is no rule of thumb here, use any nuts such as almonds, cashews, raisins and even dried fruits like apricot, berries and dates. I used more dark chocolate but again feel free to use whatever you like more-white, milk or dark chocolate.

Have it like office snack, workout snack, give to your kids or gift it to your friends and family. The thing is it looks very rich and royal but the efforts that go in are minimal. Birthday, anniversary, house warming, valentine’s day, mother’s day, father’s day, christmas, diwali or just visiting someone’s home, these chocolate barks are always the great idea. Trust me, just use a fancy tray or plate, pack it up, ribbon it up and you have the best DIY chocolate gift ready.

Looking for DIY gift ideas? Check these out:
Movie Hamper
Lemon Sugar Scrub
Fridge Deodorant

Ingredients:
100 grams dark chocolate packs-2
100 grams milk chocolate pack-1
1/2 cup mix of nuts and seeds (see notes)

Method:
Melt dark and milk chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds. You can use double boiler method as well.
Line a tray with parchment paper.
Pour melted chocolate on parchment paper. Spread the chocolate to thin layer.
Sprinkle seeds and nuts on it. Take a toothpick and mix nuts in the melted chocolates.
Refrigerate it in the freezer for 1 hour or in fridge overnight.
Break into pieces and enjoy.




Notes:
I used 4 tablespoons each of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
Use a good quality chocolate. I used Godiva Dark Chocolate Bar 72%.
You can also use square or rectangle tin to make these bars.
Store in air tight container in the fridge. Stays well for 1 month.

Serving suggestions:
You can use them for chocolate cake decorations. Like shards here.
Take a piece and melt in your coffees, hot chocolate or plain milk.

14 comments:

  1. That's very good chocolate you're using. Have you tried making your own from raw cacao? It's amazing! Did you know that it's been found that people who have a little bit of choc at breakfast time are more satisfied and eat less and healthier for the rest of the day; hooray for chocolate for breakfast! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, definitely! Chocolate is cure for a bad day... hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious & yummy choco barks.............
    www.shobhapink.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a BIG chocolate sucker! AND I have all types of chocolates in my pantry! ;) So BIG yes for theses YUMMY nut seeds chocolate barks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome clicks... and looks so tempting and yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with your opinion Shweta...I love love dark chocolate, it's the real deal ;) Love these barks, I would not be able to stop munching on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Shweta, pumpkin seeds and walnuts with chocolate, who will refuse this, I am drooling to have a bite. Very nice clicks of this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super healthy snack,yummm..feel like grabbing few off the screen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too LOVE dark chocolate, for sure and barks are my favorite way to finish meal with sweet ending! Love the addition of pumpkin seeds in here, Shweta! Beautiful clicks too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely easy mouthwatering bites... i love dark chocolate too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, looks so lovely...no doubt you are a pro :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. homemade chocolate is always the best..this looks super dear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks superb..my cuteee pie is a big chocolate lover..every alternate day she wants chocolate. .I ll make it at home..

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)