Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Coconut Lemon Gin Cocktail: Simple Easy Cocktail



Sipping time!  Oh yeah, so what if summer is officially over, a drink is always needed. No matter what season it is, I believe that a good drink is your best friend. Recently I was sent Vita Coco Coconut water and the challenge was to use it in a cocktail recipe. Coconut water was a part of my daily regime until I was in India.  After work while returning home, I would stop by a coconut vendor, and ask him to break one coconut for me. Next, choosing the right one, he would use a sharp knife and puncture the hole in the shell, place the straw and passed it on to me. Oh that sweet refreshing taste in the hot weather of India was the best thing ever! I love coconut, right from scented candles to shampoo, I am huge sucker of coconut products. Like me, if you also love coconut then do look at the amazing products of Vita Coco.



After moving to the UK, I missed fresh coconut water. When I saw coconut water sold in cartons here, I did not even dare to try it as I had an assumption that it will not be that good.Vita Coco Coconut Water has changed or in fact blown my mind off. It has everything that fresh coconut water contains- Sweet scent, uplifting taste and woody flavor when you gulp it down. They have said it right- Stupidly simple, water from coconut- that’s it.




Simple things are the best, so I made simple Coconut Lemon Gin Cocktail with it. Frankly I did not want to spoil the simplicity of Vita Coco coconut water by adding hundred of ingredients. Coconut water is the hero in this drink, flavor is simple and yet so elegant that you will feel like having it every day, during any season. Sweetness from coconut water; tang of lemons; boozy sharp taste from gin and perfect zing of mint leaves- a balance of flavors and a cocktail to die for. Next time when you want to have some me-time, read a book, enjoy a movie or planning a party- do think of mixing this cocktail up, I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Ingredients:
Makes 2 glass
1 carton of Vita Coco Coconut water
1/2 cup Bombay Sapphire
1 tablespoon sugar
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Few mint leaves
Lemon roundels to garnish
Ice cubes (optional)

Method:
In a cocktail shaker mix gin (Bombay Sapphire), lemon juice and sugar. Shake for 10 seconds. Add 2-4 mint leaves and leave aside for 2-3 minutes.
Take two glasses and add some ice cubes.
Pour the cocktail mix in the glass in equal quantity.
Fill the glass with coconut water. Mix and serve with lemon and mint leaves.





Notes:
If you don't have cocktail shaker use any bottle or jar that can be covered with a lid.
You can add vodka in place of gin also.
Feel free to use fresh coconut water as well.
I used chilled coconut water so I avoided ice cubes.

Disclaimer: I was not paid or told to write positive review. The post is based on my experience and is unbiased. Thanking Taste PR and Vita Coco  for sending drinks  for review.

6 comments:

  1. Cocktail looks amazing shweta..Now a days can't see more post in blog ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sathya, how are u? I have taken full time job in marketing so i dont get that much time :( Trying to post once a week atleast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. refreshing drink!! love it! good to see a new post from you Shweta :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shweta, a post after a long time? But a nice one! Woud love the same combo with vodka too :)

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)