Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cheese Cookies :Eggless Indian Style Salted Cheese Biscuits




Nibbles- all time favorite thing. Easy quick and a perfect partner while watching tv, reading a book, spending some me-time or just like that. And better if it has cheese, I mean who can say no to cheese-y munchies? Cheese Cookies how does that sound? Recently when I was sent Primula Cheese to try and make some vegetarian dish out of it, I just could not wait. Within a minute I knew I wanted to bake cheese crackers. Flaky and crunchy bits of cheese- ah you getting the picture now.

Little about the Primula Cheese.


And here is how they make it:




It was sent to me in the cute cool blue colored bag, which by the way I loved. Light Cheese, Cheese with Chives and Original Cheese was in the bag. Let me tell you, I am totally enjoying these cheeses. I have had a thick layer on the toasted bread, dipped it in nachos, mixed it pastas, rolled in tortillas and I am totally hooked. I love all three so much that honestly I can’t choose a favorite one. Cheese in tubes- innovative isn’t it? Swirl it, spread it, melt it- do whatever and however you want but do try Primula Cheeses, I bet you will enjoy it to the core.



  
These cheese crackers are addictive and perfect for party or that happy hour time nibble. I used Primula Light Cheese and flavour it gives is earthy, oozing and perfect. I made these crackers a bit thick, more like biscuits or cookies and then paired with little drops of Chives Cheese and oh my god, it was like pair made in heaven.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup All purpose flour/maida
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 pinch black pepper powder
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons primula light cheese
Pinch baking soda
Pinch baking powder

Method:
Sieve all purpose flour, salt, red chilli powder, black pepper, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
Mix butter in the above bowl. Mix butter till you have bread crumbs like texture.
Mix cheese in it and form the dough. It should be medium soft dough.
Form the dough in the shape of log and cover with cling film and freeze for 1/2 hour.
Preheat the oven at 180C for 10 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Take the log out of freezer and cut in 1 inch thickness and arrange in baking sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes, flip the cookies and bake again for 8 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Swirl Chives Cheese on cookies and serve.


Notes:
You can use any cheese spread instead primula cheese.
Add little salt because cheese already contains salt.
You can add herbs like oregano, basil or rosemary.

Serving suggestions:
Serve with toppings such as tomatoes, olives or any veggies.
You can top these cookies with cheese, tomato or any chutney.

Disclaimer: I was not paid or told to write positive review. The post is based on my experience and is unbiased. Thanking Primula Cheese and OPR  for sending cheese  for review.


7 comments:

  1. wow so interesting and learnt a history of a cheese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this post and equally enjoyed scrolling down all those pictures. Fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. O o, love these cookies... Now am tempted to buy the cheese spread ( we don't get Primula here, so i will make do with other spread) and make these...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...I liked that goodie bag and how they packed in tube! Cookies must be yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempting cookies and nice product review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading this post and equally enjoyed scrolling down all those pictures.

    Kaju Pista Cookies in Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)